After Builders Cleaning Checklist
If you have just had a renovation, extension or alteration at your residence recently, you must be aware of the mess that the builders’ leave behind. Clearing off their wastes and spills can be quite a task in itself. The dust and wooden fibers stuck at every corner of the house, the stone dust settled below the furniture and ledges, paint splashes around the house and huge load of trash to be thrown away!
Often people ask for professional help for after builder cleaning but you can do it yourself with a little help from the rest of the family, if you can keeps under control. Desperation will lead to more chaos. Maintaining a checklist, scheduling a dedicated time and taking proper protection can make the tame the typhoon and sparkle your property.
Remember to clean every open surface as well as hidden surfaces such as cabinets ,closets and drawers, all horizontal and vertical surfaces such as shelves, etc. clean all glass surfaces, removing stickers and construction debris, vacuuming all carpeted areas, etc.
Here is a complete checklist that can help you in the process. You can add and alter it as per your need.
LIVING ROOMS/ DINING ROOM/ STUDY
- Dust and clean all the external fittings, fixtures and decors thoroughly.
- Clear the floor space, clean the carpets and vacuum the skirting boards behind the furniture.
- Clean the floor with a proper cleaning agent
- Clean the windows and the window sills
- Remove protective tape off the window frames
- Remove dust and debris from the air vents
- Clear the window tracks
- Clean the electrical fixtures
- Clean the doors and door knobs
- Clean all the glass surfaces
- Clear all the drawers and shelves from any debris and trash and clean thoroughly.
- Clean the upholstery, remove and replace the cushion covers and other replaceable material.
- Dust and clean all the furniture in the room(s).
- Clear, clean and sanitize all surfaces
- Clean the cupboards and drawers inside and out, remove any left behind food.
- Clear the sinks of any debris and wash thoroughly.
- Degrease the walls and remove any paint splash and food deposits.
- Clear and clean the refrigerator.
- Clean the washing machine thoroughly, give attention to the rubber at the machine door and the filters.
- Clean the dishwasher thoroughly
- Clean the surfaces of the gadgets lying about including the microwave.
- Clean dishwasher inside and out.
- Clear and clean the trash bins
- Unclog the drain pipes.
- Clean the shower space from any cement left behind, get it descaled and polished
- Clean the wall tiles
- Clean the bathroom mirrors, faucets and bath tiles
- Get the toilet decaled, cleaned and disinfected
- Remove and replace any soap and shampoo remaining outside
- Clear the cabinets and clean them inside and out
- Replace the towels lying outside
- Floors to be scrubbed and sanitized, if there is a carpet it should be vacuumed with a power head.
- Clear and clean the vents and exhaust fans
- Clean and polish the laundry trough
- Remove the dust and debris from the internal vents
- Thoroughly clean the bedroom furniture
- Clean all the surface and remove dust and debris
- Dust and clean all fixtures
- Clean the cupboards, cabinets and drawers thoroughly
- Replace all upholstery and furnishings
- Vacuum clean the mattress
- Remove any finger prints and paint splashes from the walls
- If required acid wash the floor and then neutralize it
- Vacuum clean the carpet
Do not forget to clean the foyer, staircase, veranda and the attic along with the internal space.
Remove all the accumulated trash safely.
Remove any construction sign from the premises.